Dr. Ko wanted to share her favorite sugar cookie recipe! With Valentines Day coming up, these cut-out cookies are fun and simple for you to make with your children. Dr. Ko's son, Topher, loves rolling the dough and using the cookie cutters all by himself! Your child will, too!
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Dip in sugar or colored sugar sprinkles. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets/ parchment paper.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.
Who said that a Children's Dentist and her little ones can't eat sweets? Just remember to Brush 2x/2 minutes each day ... or more!